In support of the new multi-purpose arena, a separate project will realign Red River Street from the 1800 block to East Dean Keeton Street. The Red River realignment will have multiple travel impacts beginning on Monday, December 2.
From December 2, 2019, until January 2022, the campus community can expect these travel impacts:
- Red River will be closed from Clyde Littlefield Drive to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (MLK).
- Robert Dedman Drive will be closed at Red River to just north of the 20th Street intersection.
- Access to 20th Street from San Jacinto will be closed and reopened in spring 2020.
Presented in partnership with KUT-FM
Viva MOMIX combines the illusion, beauty, magic, fun, and inventiveness, that have become the company’s defining elements.
Recognized internationally for presenting work of exceptional innovation and physical artistry, MOMIX is a company of dancer-illusionists under the direction of Moses Pendleton. Viva MOMIX is a collection of the most iconic pieces from the company’s illustrious repertoire and includes several fantastic new works by Pendleton. Surreal, wondrous, and massively creative, there’s nothing like the MOMIX performance experience!
Pendleton and the entire company are notorious for creating complex, dizzying universes and inviting the audience to join their new realities. And one thing is for certain: Every ride is an incredible, unforgettable journey.
– Broadway World
- In addition to world-wide stage performances, MOMIX has worked in film and television, appearing in national commercials for Target and on PBS’s Dance in America.
- MOMIX was featured in Imagine, one of the first 3-D IMAX films to be released in IMAX theaters worldwide.
- MOMIX’s founder and Artistic Director, Moses Pendleton, choreographed the Closing Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics at Lake Placid in 1980.