The following policies have been implemented at Texas Performing Arts in an effort to enhance security and guest comfort at our venues.
- All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the venue
No large bags—bags must not exceed 14"w x 12"h x 6”d
Guest Services can check your bag for a $5 cash fee
- No outside food or drink, including water, may be brought into the venue
- All persons and bags are subject to search
- The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus
- Bass Concert Hall and McCullough Theatre are no re-entry venues
The following items may not be brought into the building. In addition to items listed here, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited. (Some items may be checked in at Guest Services for a fee.)
- Outside food and drinks, including water (Snacks needed for medical purposes can be check at Guest Services)
- Purses, Bags or Backpacks larger than 14”w x 12”h x 6”d
- Pets (Only certified service dogs or service dogs in training, with identifiable vests, will be allowed. Dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times.)
- Tripods (Monopods are okay)
- Large Signs (Signs smaller than 14” x 12” are okay)
- Items deemed as weapons
- Noise Makers
- Glass Vases
- Laser Pointers
- Cameras with detachable lenses, Go-Pros and video cameras.
- Audio Recording devices
- All forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes (UT is a tobacco and smoke free campus)
*All guests must pass through the security checkpoint, including a bag check, prior to entering the building.
*Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher, house manager or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the venue or the artists may be ejected from the building.