Please take care of yourself and others by following current public health recommendations. Learn more about Texas Performing Arts’ health and safety plans as performances return.
Texas Performing Arts Policies
- All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the venue
- No outside food or drink, including water, may be brought into the venue*
- All persons and bags are subject to search
- The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus
- Bass Concert Hall and McCullough Theatre are no re-entry venues
*Exceptions will be made for those with disabilities, medical requirements and/or special needs. Patrons with specific/special dietary needs due to disabilities, medical conditions or special needs should contact Guest Services by calling 512.471.2787 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending the event to arrange for reasonable accommodations
Touchless Security Screening | All-New Fast & Efficient Entry
With your comfort and safety in mind, we have installed a state-of-the-art frictionless security screening system in Bass Concert Hall. This system will allow guests to enter our facility up to 10x faster than traditional methods. After you scan your ticket, walk right through at a normal pace while carrying your phones and bags. Keep your belongings in your bag and pockets. We no longer have a clear bag policy.
Please note: large backpacks or luggage are prohibited.
Campus Carry for Professional Entertainment Events
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensed law), may not enter Texas Performing Arts with a concealed handgun at events where alcohol is served and TABC RED 51% signs are posted at each entry. For more information visit campuscarry.utexas.edu.
Texas Performing Arts is part of The University of Texas at Austin. Pursuant to Texas Penal Code Section 46.035, it is illegal to openly carry a handgun on campus, including at Texas Performing Arts venues.
Texas Performing Arts Costume Policy
- All forms of tobacco and tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, per UT Tobacco-Free Policy
- Large backpacks or luggage
- Outside food or drink (including water)*
- Recording devices of any kind
- Cameras with detachable lenses or tripods
- Hard containers including glass and vases
- Items deemed as weapons (including pocket knives) and fireworks
- Banners, balloons, and noisemakers
- iPads, and other tablets
- Pets (Trained service animals or service animals in training with identifiable vests will be allowed. Service animals must remain on leash or in a harness at all times.)
*Exceptions will be made for those with disabilities, medical requirements and/or special needs. Patrons with specific/special dietary needs due to disabilities, medical conditions or special needs should contact Guest Services by calling 512.471.2787 or by email to email@example.com prior to attending the event to arrange for reasonable accommodations.
**Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher, house manager or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the venue or the artists may be ejected from the building.
Code of Conduct
Texas Performing Arts at The University of Texas at Austin is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all guests, both in the venue and on our campus.
We ask our guests to:
- Respect other guests, performers, and staff
- Be responsible and aware of your behavior
- Know the Rules: Guests shall adhere to all venue and university policies, including special policies and requests from the artists and tour.*
- Event Management staff and performers are trained professionals. Please let them do their job.
- See Something, Say Something: Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate or offensive behavior to an usher, security member, UTPD officer or Texas Performing Arts Management.
Guests who violate this code will be subject to ejection from the venue without a refund.
Thank you and enjoy the performance!