Texas Performing Arts Policies
- All patrons, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the venue
- No outside food or drink, including water, may be brought into the venue
- All persons and bags are subject to search
- The University of Texas at Austin is a tobacco-free campus
- Bass Concert Hall and McCullough Theatre are no re-entry venues
Texas Performing Arts Clear Bag Policy
Effective Oct 22, 2018: For the safety of our patrons, security measures have been instituted at all Texas Performing Arts venues. We strongly encourage guests to only bring essential items in order to provide a safer environment and expedite guest entry into the venues.
The following bags will be permitted into all Texas Performing Arts venues:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 12” x 6”
- One-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bag
- Small clutch bags (no larger than 6.5” x 4.5” x 2” with or without a handle/ strap) do not have to be clear and may be carried into the theatre along with one clear bag option
Prohibited bags include:
- Diaper bags*
- Cases (camera, binocular, etc.)
- Fanny packs
- Printed pattern plastic bags
- Reusable grocery totes
- Mesh or straw bags
- Duffel bags
- Large totes
*Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.
All guests must pass through the security checkpoint, including a bag check, prior to entering the building.
Walk-through metal detectors are located at the Bass Concert Hall entrance. In order to increase the efficiency of this process, guests should minimize the number of personal items they bring and remove any items that may trigger the alarm before walking through the detectors. If an alarm sounds, the guest will be subject to a secondary screening.
Patrons without purses or bags can use the express entry line to bypass a bag search and proceed to the walk-through metal detectors.
Campus Carry for Professional Entertainment Events
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensed law), may not enter Texas Performing Arts with a concealed handgun at events where alcohol is served and TABC RED 51% signs are posted at each entry. For more information visit campuscarry.utexas.edu.
Texas Performing Arts is part of The University of Texas at Austin. Pursuant to Texas Penal Code Section 46.035, it is illegal to openly carry a handgun on campus, including at Texas Performing Arts venues.
Venue management may also ban additional items.
- All forms of tobacco and tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, per UT Tobacco-Free Policy
- Outside food or drink (including water)
- Recording devices
- Cameras with detachable lens and tripods
- Hard containers including glass and vases
- Items deemed as weapons (including pocket knives) and fireworks
- Banners, balloons and noisemakers
- iPads, and other tablets
- Pets (Trained service animals or service animals in training with identifiable vests will be allowed. Service animals must remain on leash or in a harness at all times.)
**Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher, house manager or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the venue or the artists may be ejected from the building.
Code of Conduct
Texas Performing Arts at The University of Texas at Austin is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests, both in the venue and on our campus.
We ask our guests to:
- Respect other guests, performers and staff
- Be responsible and aware of your behavior
- Know the Rules: Guests shall adhere to all venue and university policies, including special policies and requests from the artists and tour.*
- Event Management staff and performers are trained professionals. Please let them do their job.
- See Something, Say Something: Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate or offensive behavior to an usher, security member, UTPD officer or Texas Performing Arts Management.
- Enjoy the performance!
Guests who violate this code will be subject to ejection from the venue without refund.
*All guests must pass through the security checkpoint, including a bag check, prior to entering the building. Review a full list of venue policies.
Thank you for your cooperation.