If you have an interest in the performing arts and would enjoy working with a great and fun-loving group of people, consider joining our Texas Performing Arts team as a Volunteer Student Usher or TPA Student AmBASSador!
TPA Student AmBASSador Program
As a university-based performing arts organization, we are committed to sharing incredible live performances with UT students. And we think the best way to reach students is through students—that’s why we need you! As a TPA Student AmBASSador, you’ll help spread the word on campus about Texas Performing Arts.
To remain an active TPA Student AmBASSador you must:
- Be a current UT student
- Participate in monthly AmBASSador team meetings
- Table on campus for TPA once a month
- Hang posters and flyers for TPA events on campus
- Gain hands-on experience in advertising and marketing for a world-class performing arts organization (Great for your resume!)
- Get a chance to see performances for free (select performances will be open to all active AmBASSadors, others will be earned privileges)
- Have the opportunity to meet other undergraduate and graduate students who also have an interest in the performing arts.
- The pride of helping to raise awareness for the arts on campus!
Becoming an AmBASSador
We are looking for students interested in getting involved in the performing arts who may or may not have advertising or marketing experience (or are interested in gaining experience), who are willing to help out a few hours a month for the school year. Scheduling activities is very flexible and can fit with almost any schedule.
Interested in becoming an AmBASSador?
The TPA Student AmBASSador program is not currently actively recruiting. If you would like to be considered for our next opening, you can apply below.
Volunteer Student Usher Program
One of our primary goals as an organization is to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience at our events. Whether taking tickets, handing out programs, greeting incoming patrons, or assisting guests in finding their seats, our volunteers are the public face of Texas Performing Arts.
To remain an active Student Volunteer Usher you must:
- Be a current UT student
- Participate in the training session given at the beginning of each long semester
- Volunteer for a minimum of nine (9) events per season
- Show up on time and with a smile
- Gain hands-on experience working at a world-class performing arts organization (Great for your resume!)
- Get a chance to see performances when working a shift (shows such as Aziz Ansari, Eddie Vedder, George Lopez, Chelsea Handler, John Legend, Radiolab, and Harry Connick Jr. just to name a few!)
- Have the opportunity to meet other undergraduate and graduate students, as well as Austin residents, who also have an interest in the performing arts.
- Volunteering as an usher is a great way to build your volunteer/community service experience!
Becoming an Usher
We are looking specifically for dedicated, fun, friendly and personable students who are interested in working our concerts and comedy shows. Student ushers must commit to working a minimum of 9 events between September and May. No experience necessary! All training will be provided.
Interested in becoming an usher?
Our Fall Student Usher Training will be held in mid-September. Current UT students are invited to come and learn more about the program. Details will be posted when they are available.
Tim Rogers, Student Engagement Coordinator