Yaron Lifschitz, Artistic Director
This performance is made possible in part by the Topfer Endowment for Performing Arts Production and Applied Materials Foundation.
By popular demand, Australia’s award-winning contemporary circus ensemble, Circa, returns to Bass Concert Hall with a new program. Ten acrobats take us on a stirring journey of what it means to be human and how our bodies, our connections, and our aspirations all form part of who we are.
Exploring the physical limits of their bodies as they are pushed to the extreme, they question how much we can take as humans. How much weight can we carry? Who can we trust to support our load? With incredible strength and integrity, they connect each moment seamlessly with the next in a thrilling and heart-stopping performance.
Courageous, ground-breaking, risk-taking – these are artist/athletes of the highest order.
– ArtsHub, Australia
- Circa’s artistic director, Yaron Lifschitz, is a graduate of the National Institute of Dramatic Art, where he was the youngest director ever accepted into its prestigious graduate director’s course.
- In hopes of inspiring the next generation of circus performers, Circa runs a training center out of their studio in Brisbane, including Circa Zoo, a performance program for talented youth.
- Circa is the creative lead for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games arts and cultural program.
- Circa has performed in 39 countries in 6 continents to over a million people.
- In 2016, Circa performed their show, Beyond, at Bass Concert Hall.