Anderson & Roe Piano Duo
Elizabeth Joy Roe
Presented in partnership with the Butler School of Music and KMFA-FM
Known for their adrenalized performances, original compositions, and notorious music videos, Greg Anderson and Elizabeth Joy Roe are revolutionizing the piano duo experience for the 21st century. Hailed as “rock stars of the classical music world” (Miami Herald), Anderson and Roe have performed worldwide as recitalists and orchestral soloists, made appearances on PBS, BBC and MTV, recorded Billboard chart-topping albums, and released Emmy-nominated music videos viewed by millions.
Hungarian Dance No. 4 in F minor
Hungarian Dance No. 5 in F-sharp minor
Sonata for Two Pianos in F minor, Op. 34b
Allegro non troppo
Andante, un poco adagio
Finale. Poco sostenuto – Allegro non troppo – Presto, non troppo
ANDERSON & ROE
Capriccio on Brahms’ Hungarian Dance No. 5
– Intermission –
JOHN WILLIAMS / ANDERSON & ROE
Star Wars Fantasy No. II: Intermezzo (Quietly luminous)
RADIOHEAD / ANDERSON & ROE
“Paranoid Android” from OK Computer
ANDERSON & ROE
Hallelujah Variations (Variations on a Theme by Leonard Cohen)
JOHN LENNON & PAUL MCCARTNEY / ANDERSON & ROE
“Let It Be” from Let It Be
The most dynamic duo of this generation
– San Francisco Classical Voice
- The Anderson & Roe Piano Duo aims to make classical music a relevant and powerful force around the world.
- Their albums have spent dozens of weeks at the top of the Billboard Classical Charts, and their Emmy-nominated, self-produced music videos have been viewed by millions on YouTube and at international film festivals.
- Anderson & Roe met in 2000 as freshmen at The Juilliard School, where they both earned their bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- A live performance by Anderson & Roe was handpicked to appear on the Sounds of Julliard album, celebrating the school’s centenary.
- The duo released their latest album, Mother Muse (2018), features musical compositions that pay tribute to the diverse aspects of motherhood, from the sacred “Ave Maria,” to the saucy “Mrs. Robinson,” and everything in between.