STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
If you have an interest in the performing arts and would enjoy working with a great and fun-loving group of people, consider joining our Texas Performing Arts team as a Volunteer Student Usher!
VOLUNTEER STUDENT USHERS
A primary goal at Texas Performing Arts is to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience at our events. Whether taking tickets, handing out programs, greeting incoming patrons or assisting guests in finding their seats, our volunteers are the public face of Texas Performing Arts.
Any current student may be a volunteer student usher. To remain an active usher, students must:
• Participate in the training session given at the beginning of each long semester
• Volunteer for a minimum of nine (9) events per season
• Show up on time and with a smile
• Hands on experience working at a world-class performing arts organization (Great for your resume!)
• Chance to see performances when working a shift (shows such as Aziz Ansari, Eddie Vedder, George Lopez, Chelsea Handler, John Legend, Radiolab, and Harry Connick Jr. just to name a few!)
• Opportunity to meet other undergraduate and graduate students, as well as Austin residents, who also have an interest in the performing arts.
• Great way to build your volunteer/community service experience!
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER!
The Front of House team at Texas Performing Arts will be reinstating the student usher program this Summer. We are looking specifically for students who can help us with our pop shows throughout the season (predominantly the live music and comedy shows). If you enjoy this kind of entertainment, please email Sarah Andrews, Guest Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your full name, telephone number, and what year and major you are at UT.
We are looking to recruit a small group of dedicated, fun, friendly and personable students who can usher a minimum of 9 events per season (our seasons run from September-May so this equates to one event per month) and can commit to ushering with us for at least one season.
We will be hosting a Fall Student Usher Training in mid-September. Current UT students are invited to come and learn more about becoming a student usher and supporting events at all 6 of our performing arts venues on campus (Bass Concert Hall, The McCullough Theatre, Bates Recital Hall, B. Iden Payne Theatre, The Oscar Brockett Theatre and The Lab Theatre). No former experience necessary! All training will be provided!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Texas Performing Arts! We look forward to meeting you and making you a member of our very special Front of House team!
Please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 512.471.8207 if you have any additional questions.