If you have an interest in the performing arts and would enjoy working with a great and fun-loving group of people, consider joining our Texas Performing Arts team as a Volunteer Student Usher!
One of our primary goals as an organization is to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience at our events. Whether taking tickets, handing out programs, greeting incoming patrons, or assisting guests in finding their seats, our volunteers are the public face of Texas Performing Arts.
To remain an active Student Volunteer Usher you must:
- Be a current UT student
- Participate in the training session given at the beginning of each long semester
- Volunteer for a minimum of nine (9) events per season
- Show up on time and with a smile
- Gain hands-on experience working at a world-class performing arts organization (Great for your resume!)
- Get a chance to see performances when working a shift (shows such as Aziz Ansari, Eddie Vedder, George Lopez, Chelsea Handler, John Legend, Radiolab, and Harry Connick Jr. just to name a few!)
- Have the opportunity to meet other undergraduate and graduate students, as well as Austin residents, who also have an interest in the performing arts.
- Volunteering as an usher is a great way to build your volunteer/community service experience!
Becoming an Usher
We are looking specifically for dedicated, fun, friendly and personable students who are interested in working our concerts and comedy shows. Student ushers must commit to working a minimum of 9 events between September and May. No experience necessary! All training will be provided.
Interested in becoming an usher?
Our Fall Student Usher Training will be held in mid-September. Current UT students are invited to come and learn more about the program. Details will be posted when they are available.
Tim Rogers, Student Engagement Coordinator