In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all Texas Performing Arts events are currently suspended. We are now contacting ticket holders for events through May 1. Announcements will be made regarding events after that date when more information is available.
- The Lexus Broadway in Austin presentation of Disney’s Aladdin has been canceled. Ticket resolution options were emailed to subscribers on 3/24 and all other ticket buyers on 3/25.
- Lisa Lampanelli’s Losin’ It! on Mar 26-27, 2020 is canceled. Ticket resolution options were emailed to ticket buyers on 3/18.
- MOMIX Viva MOMIX on Apr 3, 2020 is canceled. Ticket resolution options were emailed to ticket buyers on 3/18.
- Sound in Sculpture on Apr 15, 2020 will be rescheduled to a later date
- The University of Texas Jazz Orchestra with Dave Douglas on Apr 18, 2020 is canceled. Ticket resolution options were emailed to ticket buyers on 3/18.
- Bella Gaia: Beautiful Earth on Apr 22, 2020 is canceled, including the Youth Performance. Ticket resolution options were emailed to ticket buyers on 3/18.
- Bert Kreischer on Apr 25, 2020 is rescheduled to September 26, 2020. Ticket buyers were emailed on 3/15. Tickets will be good for the new event date. To request a refund, exchange or donate your tickets contact the Ticket Office at email@example.com before Apr 25, 2020.
- The Beach Boys on Apr 26, 2020 will be rescheduled to a later date. Ticket holders will be contacted with additional information soon.
- RAIN: A Tribute to the Beatles on Apr 30, 2020 will be rescheduled to a later date. Ticket holders will be contacted with additional information soon.
- The Lexus Broadway in Austin presentation of A Bronx Tale will not proceed as planned. Ticket holders will be contacted with additional information soon.
- May 21-23 commencement and graduation ceremonies are postponed. A virtual commencement will be planned for that week. Details are forthcoming. Commencement FAQ
- A.R. Rahman on Jun 6, 2020 at Frank Erwin Center will be rescheduled to a later date. Ticket holders will be contacted with additional information soon.
Thank you for your flexibility, patience, and support during this challenging time. If you have not received ticket resolution information for your event as mentioned above, please contact the Ticket Office.
Please note that UT Austin is currently operating on a reduced staff schedule. Please email us for the quickest response. Thank you for your patience.
For more information on the University of Texas at Austin coronavirus response, please see: coronavirus.utexas.edu
A Note to our Patrons
For an industry whose long-standing motto is “the show must go on,” the events of the past week have been a staggering shock to all of us. The simple truth is that the very thing that makes going to the theater so thrilling – the shared, communal experience – is the reason it doesn’t mix well with the concept of “social distancing.”
In accordance with the most recent public health guidance, performances are currently suspended. We are navigating an unprecedented situation in real time, and ask for your patience. As we have more information on upcoming performances, Ticket Holders will be contacted directly by their point of purchase for next steps. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on our website and Facebook page as this situation evolves to ensure the health and well-being of our audience, staff, cast and crew before anything else.
When this unexpected intermission comes to an end – and, make no mistake, it will come to an end – we’ll once again gather at lobby bars, sit beside one another in theater seats, and laugh, cry, and cheer together in unison. When that day comes, the chance to take part in this great and ancient tradition will feel more special than ever before. We can’t wait to pick up right where we left off!