Reduced Shakespeare Company
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
Presented in partnership with Texas Theatre and Dance
Since its pass-the-hat origins in 1981, the Reduced Shakespeare Company has created ten world-renowned stage shows, two television specials, several failed TV pilots, and numerous radio pieces, all of which have been performed, seen, and heard the world over.
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) [revised] is the original and timeless classic from the Reduced Shakespeare Company. Experience all 37 plays in 97 minutes! This is an irreverent, fast-paced romp through the Bard’s plays. It was London’s longest-running comedy, playing nine years in the West End at the Criterion Theatre. The show has been seen at the Kennedy Center, Off-Broadway, and from sea to shining sea. Join these madcap men in tights as they weave their wicked way through all of Shakespeare’s comedies, histories, and tragedies in one wild and memorable ride that leaves audiences breathless and helpless with laughter.
In the spirit of Shakespeare himself, RSC shows contain some occasional bawdy language and mild innuendo. All children (and parents) are different, so RSC has chosen to rate this show PG-13: Pretty Good If You’re Thirteen.
Breathlessly irreverent and pun-filled romp.
– Washington Post
- In the “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” game, Adam Long, Reed Martin, and Austin Tichenor each have a Bacon Factor of one because they performed voices in Balto, the title role of which was played by Kevin Bacon.
- The RSC’s The Complete World of Sports (Abridged) ran at the Arts Theatre in London during the 2012 London Olympics.
- The RSC was featured in the 2017 Edition of the Guinness Book of World Records for holding the Guinness records for the Longest Running Shakespeare Show in the West End with 3744 performances and for the Highest Theatrical Performance—at 37,000 aboard an EasyJet flight from London to Verona.
- In 1997, the RSC had three shows running in the West End—(The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), The Complete History of America (abridged), and The Bible: The Complete Word of God (abridged)—only one fewer than Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- For TV, the RSC compressed the first five seasons of Lost into a ten-minute film called Lost Reduced, and was a Jeopardy! category in the 2005 and 2006 Tournaments of Champions.
- The RSC has broken box office records at the Kennedy Center, Pittsburgh Public Theater, Seattle Repertory Theater, McCarter Theater, Merrimack Repertory Theatre, and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Reed Martin is a former Ringling Bros’ Circus Clown and Assistant Ringmaster and played 84 cities in two years (over a thousand performances), including Madison Square Garden and the New Orleans Superdome.