Link Link Circus
Written and performed by Isabella Rossellini
Co-directed by Guido Torlonia and Isabella Rossellini
Presented in partnership with KLRU-TV
Award-winning actress and filmmaker Isabella Rossellini takes inspiration from the natural world in her new theatricalized lecture: Link Link Circus. Illustrated with short comic films, home movies, and animation, Link Link Circus addresses the latest scientific discoveries about animal minds, intelligence, and emotions. Joined onstage by various animals portrayed by Pan, her trained dog, Rossellini transforms herself into Aristotle, Descartes, F.S. Skinner, Charles Darwin, and more, to deliver a vivid monologue about the brilliance of the animal kingdom.
Rossellini delivers a ‘theatrical conference’ about the nonhumans with whom we share this planet, using puppets, projected drawings and animated videos to illustrate her points.
– The New York Times
- Isabella Rossellini is the daughter of actress, Ingrid Bergman, and director, Roberto Rossellini.
- Rossellini is currently completing her master's degree in Animal Behavior and Conservation at Hunter College in New York City.
- In 1982, Rossellini became the exclusive spokesperson for Lancome, and returned to the company in 2016 with the specific intent to promote inclusiveness and fight against ‘ageism’ in the beauty industry.
- When she was 19, Isabella she moved to New York City, working as a translator and a journalist for RAI-Italian Television.
- Rossellini also runs an organic farm in Brookhaven in association with the Peconic Land Trust and the Post Morrow Foundation.