Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
Glen Edgerton, Artistic Director
Presented in partnership with Texas Theatre and Dance and KUT-FM
Celebrating its 40th season, Hubbard Street Dance Chicago has long been known as one of the most original forces in contemporary dance for its exceptionally talented dancers and a diverse repertoire of adventurous choreography.
Hubbard Street’s eighteen dancers display unparalleled versatility and technique. They transcend preconceptions by juxtaposing works inspired by a variety of genres, including jazz, modern, ballet, and theatrical. Under the artistic direction of Glenn Edgerton, Hubbard Street is one of the only American dance companies to operate year-round and produces bold and passionate performances in the Windy City, across the United States, and abroad.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago ought to bottle itself as a cure for the ills of the era.
– The New York Times
TPA Social Series Tickets
for young professionals
Enjoy free valet parking courtesy of Lexus of Austin and Lexus of Lakeway, meet and mingle with fellow young professionals at happy hour behind-the-scenes while enjoying live music, free drinks, and delicious bites from Gusto Italian Kitchen. Then, head into Bass Concert Hall to enjoy the performance.
- The company is one of the only ensembles in the U.S. to perform year-round.
- Hubbard Street is the first dance company in the Midwest to offer dance classes for those affected by Parkinson’s disease.
- The main dance company has performed in the dance venues of 44 states and 19 countries.
- The 18 dancers who comprise the main company hail from four countries and 12 states.
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago grew out of the Lou Conte Dance Studio in 1977, when Lou Conte gathered an ensemble of four dancers to perform in senior centers across Chicago.