Trey McLaughlin & The Sounds of Zamar
Fri, April 26, 2019, 11 am–12 pm
Bass Concert Hall
This soloist and choir from Georgia are known for their expressive vocals and intricate arrangements of contemporary gospel songs. Their viral videos have acquired millions of loyal YouTube viewers. This youth performance will feature secular pop songs and musical theater hits.
Related Lessons: Expression in Song; Music for Social Change; Teamwork
Watch this space for related lessons and resources.
About Youth Performances
Through our Campus and Community Engagement program, Texas Performing Arts offers daytime youth performances of select Essential Series performances especially designed to inspire students in grades 7-12. Youth Performances are available free of charge for educators and students in Austin and the Central Texas area.
TPA staff members provide corresponding educational materials to enhance the student experience. Following each youth performance, we provide a Q & A session to encourage students to interact with artists.
Seating is limited to 150 per school. Special requests may be allowed for larger groups.
- The group was featured on Vashawn Mitchell's "Chasing After You" on his Grammy nominated album, Triumphant.
- The group’s founder, Trey McLaughlin serves as the Director of Worship and Arts at The Historic Tabernacle Baptist Church.
- Trey McLaughlin has always wanted to be a choir conductor. When he was young, he used to line up his mother’s perfume bottles up on the dresser and teach them their parts.
- Trey created the group for singing engagements after he left college. He was shy and didn’t like to perform by himself so he’d bring friends along to sing background.
- Trey's musical influences include Carl Thomas, Shania Twain, Tank, Brandy, Jonathan Dunn, Dobbie Powell, Kim Burrell, Donnie Hathaway, Stevie Wonder, and Erykah Badu.