Singer, actor, author, and playwright Storm Large makes a triumphant return to the McCullough Theatre stage with her band Le Bonheur!
Best known as guest vocalist for Pink Martini, Storm Large shot to national prominence in 2006 as a finalist on the CBS show Rock Star: Supernova, and as a critically acclaimed performer, she has taken her voice from rock clubs to concert halls. Last season, Storm made debut appearances with the Atlanta and Baltimore Symphony Orchestras, and joined Michael Feinstein as special guest on the Jazz at Lincoln Center Popular Song series.
Storm and her band perform American songbook classics, Broadway tearjerkers, and rock anthems with a fierce emotional commitment and a wicked sense of humor. Expect an eclectic mix of sublime and subversive interpretations of classic songs like Cole Porter’s “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” and Lou Reed’s “Satellite of Love.”
She is an intoxicating and unmissable cocktail of power and vulnerability.
– The Times (UK)
- Storm made her debut as guest vocalist with the band Pink Martini in April 2011.
- Storm was a finalist on the CBS show Rock Star: Supernova but was eliminated the week before the finale.
- In 2012, Storm published a memoir titled Crazy Enough.
- Large played Sally Bowles in a Portland Center Stage production of Cabaret.
- Large sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" on the second season finale of ESPN reality television show The Contender in 2006.