Joel Link, violin
Bryan Lee, violin
Milena Pajaro-van de Stadt, viola
Camden Shaw, cello
Presented in partnership with Butler School of Music and KMFA-FM
The Dover Quartet catapulted to international acclaim after taking first prize at the 2013 Banff International String Quartet Competition, and was recently bestowed the Cleveland Quartet Award and the Lincoln Center Emerging Artists Award. With burnished warmth, incisive rhythms, and natural phrasing, the quartet’s sound is “so distinctive as to be identified within mere minutes” (Philadelphia Inquirer), helping confirm its status as “the young American string quartet of the moment” (The New Yorker).
[They] have it in them to become the next Guarneri String Quartet—they're that good. Expert musicianship, razor-sharp ensemble, deep musical feeling and a palpable commitment to communication made their performances satisfying on many levels.
– Chicago Tribune
- The Quartet was the first ever Quartet-in-Residence for the Curtis Institute of Music.
- The Quartet won the Grand Prize and all three Special Prizes at the 2013 Banff International String Quartet Competition.
- The Quartet is an active member of Music for Food, an initiative to help musicians fight hunger in their home communities.
- Their debut album was named one of the top classical albums of 2016 by Apple Music.
- The Quartet is the faculty Quartet-in-Residence at Northwestern University's Bienen School of Music.
Listen to a ‘Twin Peaks’ Fantasy for String Quartet - The New York Times