CAMPUS & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMS
Click on a title to learn more about each of our programs.
Masterclasses, workshops, informal talks, panel discussions, and open rehearsals both on campus and in the community provide a wide range of interactive activities.
Campus & Community partners hold co-sponsored events such as Brown Bag Lunches, Film Series, and Community Discussions at area venues including the Jewish Community Center, Carver Museum & Cultural Center, Asian American Cultural Center, and Austin Public Library. Working together, partners strengthen each other, and reach far beyond what one entity alone can provide Central Texas communities.
Each season we partner with Broadway Across America and professional Broadway touring artists to provide unique and exciting opportunities for students and the community. We offer a number of events such as brown bag lunches, master classes, and backstage tours. Join us for informal gatherings for a rare chance to learn from artists, designers, and technicians.
Targeted programs for seniors include “An Evening Out at Texas Performing Arts” for seniors with limited means, persons with special needs, and their caretakers. Participating partners are City of Austin Senior Activity Centers and Austin State Hospital.
Guest speakers (scholars, educators, professionals, and artists) create a context for the performance.
After the performance audience members can ask the performers or behind the scenes crew questions about their work.
Dance classes and discussions led by touring company members give opportunities for UT and area high school dance students to receive professional training and connect with experienced performers.
Click here to learn about other programs for educators.
- AN EVENING WITH CHRIS THILE & EDGAR MEYER
- APOLLO'S FIRE: MONTEVERDI VESPERS
- ARIEL QUARTET
- ArtesAméricas Performances
- A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
- BASETRACK LIVE
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
- BERLIN PHILHARMONIC WIND QUINTET WITH JON NAKAMATSU
- BILL COSBY
- Butler School of Music Performances
- CAMERON CARPENTER
- Campus & Community Education Events
- Department of Theatre and Dance Performances
- DR. LONNIE SMITH TRIO
- eighth blackbird
- Fall For Dance
- FALL FOR DANCE
- HAOCHEN ZHANG
- HOW LITTLE YOU ARE
- HUBBARD STREET DANCE CHICAGO
- JEFF "TAIN" WATTS & UT JAZZ ORCHESTRA
- JORDI SAVALL WITH HESPERION XXI
- Laurie Anderson & Kronos Quartet
- MARTHA GRAHAM DANCE COMPANY
- MAX RAABE & PALAST ORCHESTER
- NO PLACE TO GO
- Past Performances
- SO PERCUSSION
- SPHINX VIRTUOSI
- STEWART COPELAND & JON KIMURA PARKER
- STORM LARGE
- SWINGLE SINGERS
- THE BIG PICTURE FEATURING DAVID KRAKAUER
- THE LEGACY JOURNEY LIVE! BY DAVE RAMSEY
- THE SARAJEVO HAGGADAH
- THE WORLD AT WAR
- University Events
- UTNT (UT New Theatre)
- VENICE BAROQUE ORCHESTRA WITH AVI AVITAL
- Presales & Promotions
- TICKET INFO
- SUBSCRIPTION INFO
- GROUP TICKETS
- Press Room
- 2014-2015 One-Day Sale on Single Tickets to TPA Season Performances -Thursday, June 5
- BASETRACK LIVE
- Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet with special guest Jon Nakamatsu - October 9 at Bates Recital Hall
- Bill Cosby returns to UT's Bass Concert Hall, September 21, 2014!
- Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer perform together at Bass Concert Hall on September 27
- Harry Connick , Jr. performs at Bass Concert Hall on November 10
- Laurie Anderson & Kronos Quartet perform LANDFALL at Bass Concert Hall on October 14
- Martha Graham Dance Company, September 25 at Bass Concert Hall
- Sphinx Virtuosi with Catalyst Quartet, October 2 at Bass Concert Hall
- STUDENTS ARE OUR PRIMARY FOCUS
- Texas Performing Arts' Bass Concert Hall is Texas' most popular theater venue
- Texas Performing Arts announces the 2013-2014 Season!
- Texas Performing Arts Announces the 2014-2015 Season
- Texas Performing Arts Furthers Educational Mission
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awards $400,000 to Texas Performing Arts
- UT Department of Theatre & Dance announces the 2013-2014 Season & Subscription Series