CAMPUS & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMS
COMMUNITY ARTS PARTNERS
In our endeavor to continually expand and enrich the arts experience, we offer a variety of events centered around the Texas Performing Arts season. Co-sponsored with campus and community partners, events like brown bag lunches and discussions are held at our partners’ area venues including the Jewish Community Center of Austin, George Washington Carver Museum and Cultural Center, Asian American Cultural Center, Austin Public Library and Austin History Center. Working together, partners strengthen each other, and reach far beyond what one entity alone can provide Central Texas communities.
CAMPUS ARTS PARTNERS
Working closely with academic departments and a range of other colleges and programs, the collaborative spirit enhances and broadens the scope of the performing arts as an educational tool. We are pleased to partner with the Humanities Institute, the School of Social Work, and the Briscoe Center for American History at The University of Texas at Austin, as well as Free Minds, a Program of Foundation Communities, and Austin Community College, among others.
FOCUS ON SENIORS
Through our program, “An Evening Out at Texas Performing Arts,” we provide free tickets for seniors with limited means and persons with special needs to experience the live performances at Texas Performing Arts. Participating partners include City of Austin Senior Activity Centers and Austin State Hospital.
TEXAS PERFORMING ARTS MILITARY SUPPORT PROGRAM
In 2011, Texas Performing Arts presented Black Watch, a Gulf War-themed theatre piece. The performance provided the campus and community with an opportunity to experience and examine the impact of war on the lives of active duty military, veterans and their families through the arts. This important performance sparked a commitment to foster a support network and raise awareness for military members and their families through our work. In 2015-2016, we offered active duty and veterans military members a SongwritingWith:Soldiers retreat.
LEXUS BROADWAY IN AUSTIN
Each season we partner with Lexus Broadway in Austin to provide unique and exciting opportunities to engage with touring company and crew members. Events range from community brown bag lunches, master classes, and behind-the-scenes tours.
ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
Masterclasses, workshops, informal talks, panel discussions, and open rehearsals both on campus and in the community provide a wide range of interactive activities.
Guest speakers (scholars, educators, professionals, and artists) create a context for the performance.
After the performance audience members can ask the performers or behind the scenes crew questions about their work.
- AN EVENING WITH CHRIS THILE & EDGAR MEYER
- APOLLO'S FIRE: MONTEVERDI VESPERS
- ARIEL QUARTET
- ArtesAméricas Performances
- A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE
- BASETRACK LIVE
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
- BERLIN PHILHARMONIC WIND QUINTET WITH JON NAKAMATSU
- BILL COSBY
- Butler School of Music Performances
- CAMERON CARPENTER
- Campus & Community Education Events
- Department of Theatre and Dance Performances
- DR. LONNIE SMITH TRIO
- eighth blackbird
- Fall For Dance
- FALL FOR DANCE
- HAOCHEN ZHANG
- HOW LITTLE YOU ARE
- HUBBARD STREET DANCE CHICAGO
- JEFF "TAIN" WATTS & UT JAZZ ORCHESTRA
- JORDI SAVALL WITH HESPERION XXI
- Laurie Anderson & Kronos Quartet
- MARTHA GRAHAM DANCE COMPANY
- MAX RAABE & PALAST ORCHESTER
- NO PLACE TO GO
- Past Performances
- SO PERCUSSION
- SPHINX VIRTUOSI
- STEWART COPELAND & JON KIMURA PARKER
- STORM LARGE
- SWINGLE SINGERS
- THE BIG PICTURE FEATURING DAVID KRAKAUER
- THE LEGACY JOURNEY LIVE! BY DAVE RAMSEY
- THE SARAJEVO HAGGADAH
- THE WORLD AT WAR
- University Events
- UTNT (UT New Theatre)
- VENICE BAROQUE ORCHESTRA WITH AVI AVITAL
- Presales & Promotions
- TICKET INFO
- SUBSCRIPTION INFO
- GROUP TICKETS
- Press Room
- 2014-2015 One-Day Sale on Single Tickets to TPA Season Performances -Thursday, June 5
- BASETRACK LIVE
- Berlin Philharmonic Wind Quintet with special guest Jon Nakamatsu - October 9 at Bates Recital Hall
- Bill Cosby returns to UT's Bass Concert Hall, September 21, 2014!
- Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer perform together at Bass Concert Hall on September 27
- Harry Connick , Jr. performs at Bass Concert Hall on November 10
- Laurie Anderson & Kronos Quartet perform LANDFALL at Bass Concert Hall on October 14
- Martha Graham Dance Company, September 25 at Bass Concert Hall
- Sphinx Virtuosi with Catalyst Quartet, October 2 at Bass Concert Hall
- STUDENTS ARE OUR PRIMARY FOCUS
- Texas Performing Arts' Bass Concert Hall is Texas' most popular theater venue
- Texas Performing Arts announces the 2013-2014 Season!
- Texas Performing Arts Announces the 2014-2015 Season
- Texas Performing Arts Furthers Educational Mission
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation awards $400,000 to Texas Performing Arts
- UT Department of Theatre & Dance announces the 2013-2014 Season & Subscription Series